CLARIN.SI member of the CLARIN ERIC General Assembly
CLARIN.SI National Coordinator
Organisation of CLARIN.SI
The Slovene research infrastructure CLARIN.SI is established as a long term infrastructure project as part of CLARIN ERIC (European Research Infrastructures Consortium).
CLARIN.SI is organised as a consortium, which has been established as a special form of a society, itself not a legal entity. Membership is open to institutions, corporations, associations and other legal entities which are engaged in the development or use of language resources, tools and technologies for the Slovene language. The consortium partners have signed a consortium agreement that sets out their rights and obligations.
The consortium’s Management Committee makes decisions regarding CLARIN.SI and represent its members. Each member of the consortium is on the Management Committee with one vote.
CLARIN.SI is situated at the Jožef Stefan Institute, which is the technical centre of this research infrastructure. It maintains the CLARIN.SI repository of resources and tools and other services, as defined by the Statues of CLARIN ERIC. At JSI, the CLARIN.SI technical centre is being developed and maintained by three units: the Department of Knowledge Technologies (JSI E8), the Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (JSI E3), and the Center for Network Infrastructure (JSI CMI).
Members of the CLARIN.SI consortium
The CLARIN.SI consortium has 13 member institutions, which develop or use langauge resources and technologies in Slovenia:
- Universities: University of Ljubljana, University of Maribor, University of Nova Gorica, University of Primorska;
- National research institutes: ZRC SAZU, Jožef Stefan Institute, Institute of Contemporary History; Science and Research Centre, Koper
- Library: the National and University Library of Slovenia
- A society and a private research institute: Slovenian Language Technologies Society, Trojina Institute for Applied Slovene Studies;
- Companies developing natural language processing technologies: Alpineon, Amebis