About the CLARIN.SI Repository and its Policies
- Mission Statement
- Terms of Service
- About the Repository
- License Agreement and Contracts
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Metadata Policy
- Preservation Policy
- Citing Data Policy
The objective of CLARIN ERIC is to advance research in humanities and social sciences by giving researchers unified single sign-on access to a platform which integrates language-based resources and advanced tools at a European level. This shall be implemented by the construction and operation of a shared distributed infrastructure that aims at making language resources, technology and expertise available to the humanities and social sciences (henceforth abbreviated HSS) research communities at large.
To know more about CLARIN ERIC visit CLARIN-ShortGuide.pdf
Terms of Service
To achieve our mission statement,we set out some ground rules through the Terms of Service. By accessing or using any kind of data or services provided by the Repository, you agree to abide by the Terms contained in the above mentioned document.
Data in CLARIN.SI repository are made available under the licence attached to the resources. In case there is no licence, data is made freely available for access, printing and download for the purposes of non-commercial research or private study. Users must acknowledge in any publication, the Deposited Work using a persistent identifier (see Citing Data), its original author(s)/creator(s), and any publisher where applicable. Full items must not be harvested by robots except transiently for full-text indexing or citation analysis. Full items must not be sold commercially unless explicitly granted by the attached licence without formal permission of the copyright holders.
About the Repository
A CLARIN repository is like a library for linguistic data and tools.
- Search for data and tools and easily download them.
- Deposit the data and be sure it is safely stored, everyone can find it, use it, and correctly cite it (giving you credit)
License Agreement and Contracts
At the moment, CLARIN.SI distinguishes three types of contracts.
- For every deposit, we enter into a standard contract with the submitter, the so-called "Deposition License Agreement", in which we describe our rights and duties and the submitter acknowledges that they have the right to submit the data and gives us (the repository centre) right to distribute the data on their behalf.
- Everyone who downloads data is bound by the licence assigned to the item - in order to download protected data, one has to be authenticated and needs to electronically sign the licence. A list of available licenses in our repository can be found here.
- For submitters, there is a possibility for setting custom licences to items during the submission workflow.
Intellectual Property Rights
As mentioned in the section License Agreement and Contracts, we require the depositor of data or tools to sign a Distribution License Agreement, which specifies that they have the right to submit the data and gives us (the repository centre) right to distribute the data on their behalf. This means that depositors are solely responsible for taking care of IPR issues before publishing data or tools by submitting them to us.
Should anyone have a suspicion that any of the datasets or tools in our repository violate Intellectual Property Rights, they should contact us immediately at our help desk.
Deposited content must be accompanied by sufficient metadata describing its content, provenance and formats in order to support its preservation and dissemination. Metadata are freely accessible and are distributed in the public domain (under CC0). However, we reserve the right to be informed about commercial usage of metadata from CLARIN.SI repository including a description of your use case at Help Desk.
CLARIN.SI is committed to the long-term care of items deposited in our repository and strives to adopt the current best practice in digital preservation. We hold the Data Seal of Approval which ensures the data archived with us can be found, understood and used in the future.